Fact-check these myths:
- Myth – Green products always cost more money.
- Truth – In many cases, going green will save money!
- Myth – Green products are not as high of quality.
- Truth – Today’s green options are not like past ones.
- Myth – Individual changes cannot make a difference.
- Truth – They add up if everyone on campus buys green.
Consider these questions:
- Is it recyclable?
- How far will it be shipped?
- Can it be purchased in bulk?
- Does it save water or energy?
- Does it contain recycled content?
- What maintenance does it require?
- Is it durable and will it last a long time?
- Are raw materials extracted to make it?
- Are there alternatives with less packaging?
Look for these labels: